If you identify as LGBTQ+ finding a safe space is important.
Whether you’re struggling with your sexual or gender identity or simply looking for a therapist with experience helping the LGBTQ community, we are here to help you!
Some common challenges that we can help with include the following:
- Relationship and dating issues
- Sexual and gender identity
- Coming out
- Dealing with shame surrounding your identity
- Internalized homophobia and transphobia
- Addiction and substance use
- Intimacy issues
- Sexual compulsion
- Living with HIV/AIDS
- Other emotional struggles
For some individuals, sexual orientation and identity issues may be the cause for depression, anxiety and other emotional stressors. We will be sure to address this in our work together. Others may wish to focus on other issues, such as trauma, but still work with an understanding, nonjudgmental therapist.
LGBTQ+ individuals may face additional struggles they wish to discuss with a therapist. For example, they may:
- Face gender dysphoria, a condition in which gender identity and expression is not the same as the gender assigned at birth
- Seek therapy for sexual identity issues, including questioning of their sexual identity
- Need therapy for abuse, discrimination or challenges they have faced because they are LGBTQ+ individuals
- Be interested in family therapy for loved ones who are not accepting
- Be concerned about stigma and may want to learn how to deal with stigma at work or school
We provide a wide range of mental health services specifically tailored to the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) communities. In addition, all of our services, whether individual, couple, or group counseling, focus on the unique aspects of growing up and living as a sexual or gender minority.
We use an affirmative, empathic approach that helps people of all backgrounds understand how stigmatizing and marginalizing experiences shape the ways that they feel about themselves and others. Often, recognizing these experiences can be an emotional process.
Our licensed LGBTQ+ therapists have specialized training and the experience necessary to help you along the way.
If you’re considering LGBTQ+ therapy and want to speak with a therapist who is compassionate, sensitive, and understanding of the specific issues affecting the community, then our LGBTQ+ counseling may be for you.
Whether or not the support you need is related to gender or sexual identity, it’s often easier to connect with an LGBTQ+-friendly therapist.
If you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community and want affirmative therapy that addresses your needs, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today!