Family relationships are complex…
Whether parent, child, sibling or spouse, your family’s relationships are an integral part of everyday life. At times, it’s easy. At other times, we find ourselves and our family enmeshed in repetitive and unproductive dynamics that require an outside perspective to help.
Family therapy can help.
What are some common reasons for seeking family therapy?
- Does it seem harder to communicate with one another?
- A new pattern of a family member going into seclusion?
- Parental Conflict
- Having difficulty adjusting to a new family reality?
- Infidelity, divorce or separation
- Domestic violence
- An unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
- Major trauma or change has impacted the entire
- Experiencing the “silent treatment”
- Issues at school, substance abuse, or disordered eating
- Adjustment to a new family member in the home
- Excessive anger, fear, depression or other emotional reactions
- Military related issues
If your family is experiencing any of these challenges – family counseling can help.
If family life feels overwhelming right now, you are not alone. By reaching out to a therapist who is experienced in helping people with personal and family crises, you can be saving your life or the life of someone close to you. All families experience conflict, but with family therapy, members can learn how to address issues productively
We will guide your family in addressing the issues that brought you into treatment. We support each family member; providing the therapeutic space to speak freely and honestly about what’s happening and acknowledging life changes, crises, or loss. We recognize that everyone in a family has a different perspective, and that past experiences are often, at once, both formative and irrelevant.
Together, we will utilize your individual and shared strengths to move through these blocks and find new ways to love, support, and be supported by each other.
Contact us now and experience first-hand the benefits of family therapy.