Stress is America’s #1 Health Problem
Stress is are everywhere in our world, from work to family, health, finances, social media, and technology. Stress appears in a variety of ways that differ from person to person.
Some of these symptoms may include:
- Becoming easily agitated, frustrated or moody
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
- Feeling bad about yourself
- Constant worrying or racing thoughts
- Forgetfulness and disorganization
- Poor judgment or an Inability to focus
- Focusing only on the negative side
- Changes in appetite — either not eating or eating too much
- Increased use of alcohol, drugs, or addictive behaviors
- Procrastinating and avoiding responsibilities
- Increased nervous behaviors
- Low energy or Insomnia
- Digestive issues or changes in appetite
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Loss of sexual desire
- Cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
Do I need stress management counseling?
Speaking to a therapist can help relieve the stress and the feeling of being alone. Therapists are trained to understand concerns, fears, and anxieties. Everyone can benefit from stress management techniques. By reducing stress in your everyday life, you improve your mood, immune system, and relationships.
At Dr. Stephen Oreski & Associates our stress management therapists can teach you techniques to reduce the effect stress has on your life. Stress management counseling can help you live a more balanced, happy and healthy life.