Is psychotherapy treatment right for me?
Congratulations, you’ve taken the first step towards improving your life …simply by visiting this page and admitting that you might need some help or some therapy along the way.
We all have old habits that hold us back, keep us from reaching our potential, or cause emotional harm to others – psychotherapy treatment can help.
Signs that you could benefit from therapy include:
- You feel an overwhelming, prolonged sense of helplessness and sadness.
- Your problems don’t seem to get better despite your efforts and help from family and friends.
- You find it difficult to concentrate on work assignments or to carry out other everyday activities.
- You worry excessively, expect the worst, or are constantly on edge.
- Your actions, such as drinking too much alcohol, using drugs or being aggressive, are harming you or others.
Psychotherapy is a collaborative treatment based on the relationship between an individual and a psychotherapist. Grounded in dialogue, it provides a supportive environment that allows you to talk openly with someone who’s objective, neutral and nonjudgmental. You and your psychologist will work together to identify and change the thought and behavior patterns that are keeping you from feeling your best.
By the time you’re done, you will not only have solved the problem that brought you in, but you will have learned new skills so you can better cope with whatever challenges arise in the future.
Understanding and challenging these patterns is what therapy is about: even when those habits are intertwined with our relationships with others or the world around us.
Whether you are seeking therapy as an individual, couple. or family, scheduling an appointment with us is a great way to enrich your life, improve your relationships, reach your personal goals and live a productive and fulfilling life full of growth and happiness.